On an average, homeowners invest nearly $6.2 billion dollars annually for outdoor renovations. Realtor.com recently released an article called “10 Ways to Improve Your Outdoor Space.” The list gives the pros and cons of the following suggestions:
1. Mood Lighting- Not only does it increase property value, it adds character and depth to landscapes. Watch out for that energy bill however, prices will increase.
3. Gazebo– Provides shade, creates a relaxing environment and increases homes value. It can be cumbersome and difficult to assemble.
4. Outdoor Bar- Great entertainment area, and gives a classy edge.
5. Deck- Provides an estimated 77% return on investment. Building permits are required and get ready for the installation fee.
7. Outdoor Kitchen: Convenient and wonderful for outdoor entertainment, but it’s only useful in warm and inviting weather.
8. Hot Tub: Relaxing and the perfect place to socialize, but it does come with a high maintenance cost.
9. Deck Awning- Offers shade and protects patio furniture from heat damage. Careful of the fabric, as some fabric can grow mold over time.
10.Outdoor Sound- Music will provide the perfect backdrop for outdoor parties. Just don’t blast it too loud or your neighbors might get irritated.